Black mold removal is a task that it easier said than done. There is much information that you must know to successfully eliminate the mold from your home. Black mold is not like some molds that are non-toxic and usually harmless. This mold is the kind that’s very toxic and dangerous for humans. Excessive exposure to this fungus can cause serious health problems as well as damages to your home. This is why complete removal is necessary black mold removal.
Removing black mold is very important to ensure your family’s safety as well as your house. You can try to do it yourself using black mold removing products. If it’s impossible to do it yourself, you can hire mold removal companies to have the work done for you instead. There are many black mold removal products available in the market especially created for different areas and items affected, that could help with your mold problems. Carefully choosing the product will help you eliminate molds and prevent it from coming back.
If you insist on going it alone, without the help of a professional remediation service, then there are two steps that are absolutely crucial to removing and preventing black mold infestations. The first step, which should be undertaken before even considering removal, is eliminating the root cause of the mold. Mold grows in dark, damp areas, so you have to find the reason why the area is unusually damp. This can be as simple as adding a small portable dehumidifier to the affected areas, or fixing a leaking pipe. On the other hand, if the cause is dated plumbing, or the humidity is widespread you might have to go as far as replacing much of your plumbing system or incorporating a dehumidifier into your HVAC system.
After the cause has been removed, you then have to worry about killing and removing the mold itself. If it has settled into porous surface like wood or drywall, you’re going to have to use proper mold removal products which will both kill and remove all traces of the mold. Beware of products claiming to be mold cleaning products that specify, in small print, that they should only be used on non-porous surfaces. These will only work on surfaces like glass or tile. They will also only kill surface mold on porous materials which will give you the false sense that the problem has gone away, when really, the solution hasn’t done much at all, as the root of the mold will still be lying in wait within the wood, drywall or other porous material.